Breasts are body tissues, which can be effectively self-massaged or massaged by someone else. At some time or the other, most women experience physical and psychological trauma related to breast congestion, breast pain, discomforts of surgical procedures, and anxieties about changes in their breast tissues.
The fact that breasts are strongly associated with sexual touching and attractiveness, does not rule out the fact that they should not receive physical care. Breast care is an important area of health that is often neglected, due to the stigmas surrounding the treatment of this part of the body.
The breast tissue contains an abundance of lymph vessels. Unlike other areas of the body, the breast lacks sources of external compression, such as muscles or strong overlying frontal part that promotes natural lymphatic drainage. As a result, fluid has a tendency to stagnate, which may lead to breast problems. This is where gentle, non-stimulating massage techniques can be used to aid fluid recirculation. Massage therapy is an effective non-invasive treatment for breasts, as they also require need good circulation and tissue mobilization for optimum health. It is at times believed that there may be a correlation between chronic poor breast drainage and susceptibility to cancer. Massage techniques is one of the most effective ways for addressing such problems and promoting breast health.
Advantages of Breast Massages:
- The breast is made up of tissue and adipose fat. A firm and proper massage helps tone these tissues and firms them up. This gives the breasts a healthier and more natural look.
- Breast massage help create a beautiful bust line by helping to shape and tone it, thus increasing its overall attractiveness.
- It helps one be aware of any fibrous areas of possible indications of breast cancer.
- It helps flush out high toxin materials from the breast, bring nutrition to the tissues and specifically remove the toxins via the lymphatic system.
- It gives women a feeling of their femininity, and promotes relaxation and peace of mind, as massage of other body parts does.
- Breast massage helps correct sagging, droopiness and other features, which are considered unattractive.
- Breast massage helps enhance the health and elasticity of the support ligaments, which in turn provides better breast support.
How to do Breast Massage?
Women’s breasts vary considerably in texture and sensitivity to pressure. Hence, gentle strokes for those who are sensitive or have softer breasts. Moderate pressure may be more effective for those with firmer-textured breasts. A lotion or massaging oil can also help avoid friction, and lessen sensitivity. Gentle-to-moderate kneading, rubbing, and squeezing strokes with the hands are enough to encourage increased lymph and blood flow to the breast. The breast can be kneaded and squeezed by contracting the palm and fingers of the hand.
1. To drain the lymph fluid from the breast, a common massage stroke is a gentle radial outward stroke from the nipple to the outer edge of the breast. This is done by applying light pressure starting from the centre of the breast and making several strokes outwards from the nipple.
2. Hold your breast. But, instead of squeezing it out, give it a twirling kind of motion. Rotate your hands (and thus the breast) in a clockwise motion, followed by an equal anticlockwise motion. Continue this for about ten times.
3. Open out your palms on the breast such that are facing downwards. Then move your palms downwards so that the fingers rub against the side surfaces of the breast. This should be avoided on the nipple, as it may spoil its shape.
A gradual feeling of warmth in the massaged area indicates increased blood flow to massaged areas. To gain maximum benefit and therapeutic effects, breast massage should be practiced daily, as part of a routine – perhaps when fresh out of the shower, since the skin is still somewhat moist. Massage can also be done several times a day, depending on requirement and schedule.
Breast massage is a very simple process that can be done by the individual. However, it must be done with the utmost care. Improper breast massage can actually boomerang, like damaging of the glandular tissues that hold your breasts upright.